50 min, 4 servings, gluten-free
• 4 pineapple rings
• Sprinkle of chili pepper (optional)
• 1 Tablespoon coconut oil
• 1 medium red or yellow onion, peeled and thinly sliced
• 1 Tablespoon coconut aminos
• 4 Applegate Organics Turkey Burgers
• 1 head of butter lettuce (torn into individual leaves)
• 1-2 avocados, peeled and sliced
• 4 heaping Tablespoons Primal Kitchen Classic Mayo (garnish)
• Cilantro (garnish)
1. For a hot and sweet wrap, dust each pineapple ring with chili pepper.
2. Coat a cast iron skillet with coconut oil and sear each pineapple ring until it is warmed through and begins to caramelize (about three minutes per side). Set aside.
3. Add the sliced onions and coconut aminos to the skillet, and grill the onions until they’re soft and translucent (about ten minutes). Set aside with the pineapple rings.
4. Grill each turkey burger patty until it’s fully cooked through (ﬁve to six minutes per side.)
5. Arrange the lettuce leaves on a platter. Stack a turkey burger patty, pineapple ring, onions and generous serving of avocado and mayo inside each leaf.
6. Garnish each patty with cilantro.