The fall season invites warm and comforting meals to the table each year, and this recipe for Beef or Bison Tallow Butternut Squash Chili is sure to go down as a new classic.
- 1Tablespoon EPIC Provisions Grass Fed Beef or Bison Tallow
- 11b. ground bison or beef
- 1small white onion, diced
- 3 cups fresh butternut squash, cut into small cubes
- 3 cans diced tomatoes with green chiles (15 oz. each)
- 2 Tablespoons red chili powder
- Sea salt to taste
- In a large stockpot over medium high heat, melt tallow and cook ground bison until browned, stirring frequently. Using a slotted spoon, transfer the cooked meat to a separate plate and set aside. Reserve juices and oil in stockpot.
- Add onion and butternut squash to the stockpot and saute for 4-5 minutes.
- Add tomatoes with green chiles, chili powder and cooked meat to the stockpot and stir to combine.
- Bring to a bait reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer gently for 10-15 minutes or until squash is tender.
- Season with sea salt if needed and serve hot. Enjoy!