Are you drinking enough water?
Did you know that your body is 55-60% water, depending on your age and gender? That means that more than half of you is WATER! Staying well hydrated is one of the most important and healthiest things you can do for your body.
Dehydration occurs when your body is using more water than you are putting into it. Even slight dehydration can cause symptoms to surface. These symptoms include headaches, muscle stiffness or cramps, dry skin, bad breath, food cravings (especially for sweets), sleepiness, dark urine, sunken eyes, and dry mouth. You can avoid dehydration and these unpleasant symptoms by drinking plenty of water. The average adult needs to drink approximately 100 ounces of water each day to stay properly hydrated with additional water intake needed when exercising, when spending time in hot or humid weather, or during times of illness.
While turning on the tap to fill your glass seems like a simple way to hydrate, it may not be your best option. Check out this article for more information on choosing the best water for your body.
Try these tips to make those 100 ounces tasty and fun to drink!
- Choose a reusable water bottle to carry with you on the go. Pick up a HydroFlask bottle at your favorite Sunrise Health Foods location and keep your water cold for hours!
- Add fresh or frozen fruit to your water for a light, refreshing flavor.
- Drink hot, unsweetened fruit teas.
- Make it a game! Set a timer on your phone and set a goal for yourself to reach before it goes off.
- Do it with a friend! Encourage a friend to join you in reaching your water goals everyday.
We’re dedicated to discovering the benefits of good nutrition and healthy lifestyle, and hope the above article informs and inspires you to take an active role in your health.
Articles shared on our site are to provide nutritional information only and do not replace professional medical advice.