Benefits of the plank include:
- Tones abs and shoulder muscles.
- Strengthens core (abs and lower back area).
Here’s how to perform the plank:
- Get into a push-up position.
- Rest on forearms with arms positioned at shoulders width.
- Contract your abs and glutes.
- Keep body in a straight line.
- Hold position without allowing hips to sag.
Start by doing 3 sets: Set 1- hold for 20 seconds. Set 2- 15 seconds. Set 3- 10 seconds. Add 5 seconds to each set every month.
Tip provided courtesy of Sloan Luckie – an inspiring local author and friend of the Surnise Family! http://www.sloanluckie.com/