When looking for a coconut oil, the best option would be a pure, certified organic, raw, unrefined, virgin oil, which is untouched by heat or chemical treatment before, during or after processing. In it’s raw state, every living enzyme and nutrient is left whole and ready to “feed the body”. The main highlighted gem that gives this oil it’s power packed value is Lauric Acid. Lauric acid, Which makes up nearly half of the fat content in coconut oil, is a medium-chain fatty acid. Small and medium-chain fatty acids are immediately available for your body to use. Our bodies convert Lauric Acid to Monolaurin, which helps in fighting virus’ and bacteria. The anti-viral and anti-bacterial properties of coconut oil, make it the perfect base or even singular product to utilize for a multitude of purposes.
Here are just a few popular uses for your well picked coconut oil:
- Cook with it-replace other oils and fats for baking or sauteing
- Add to coffee, air popcorn or other foods for health and taste
- Massage oil/lotion base
- Oil pulling-coconut oil has been linked to tooth, gum and oral health
- Topically use to help skin heal faster
- Use for homemade and safe baby products such as diaper creams and rash care
- Natural sunscreen with a natural SPF of 4
- Use as a natural lip balm or cuticle rub
- Ingest for mental alertness and allergy relief
- Ingest to improve blood cholesterol by increasing the ratio of HDL to LDL cholesterol due to the medium chain fatty acids
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and should to be used in place of the care of a physician.