Every slice of pie deserves a companion, and this season, Alden’s Ice Cream has you covered. Alden’s Organic Vanilla Bean Ice Cream balances the spice and sweet flavors of a seasonal classic- don’t be afraid to go back for seconds!
- 12″ pie crust
- 15 oz pumpkin puree
- 1/2 cup evaporated milk
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 eggs
- Alden’s Organic Vanilla Bean
- Nutmeg to garnish
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Form pie crust into a 9-inch pie dish, pressing it into the edges. Crimp edges as desired. Use a fork to poke bottom of crust several times.
- Mix sugars and spices in a small bowl and set aside. Beat eggs together in a large bowl, then add sugar mixture and pumpkin. Stir in evaporated milk and continue to stir until well combined and slightly fluffy.
- Pour pumpkin filling into pie shell and bake for 10 minutes. After 10 minutes, reduce temperature to 350 degrees F and bake 30 to 40 minutes or until filling is set.
- Remove from oven and set on wire rack to cool to room temperature (approximately 2 hours).
- Serve with a scoop of Alden’s Organic Vanilla Bean and a sprinkle of nutmeg, or transfer to a refrigerator until ready to serve.